It's all about me
Other Blogs That I Read Obsessively
My fabulousless has been copyrighted.
Tuesday, May 10, 2005
Rain Drops On Roses
I got tagged again! This time it was from The Recovering Straight Girl
! Everyone go and read her blog, because she is awesome and makes fun of the way Canadians spell their words. (And to all my Canadian friends, I love you guys!!! But her post about the spelling thing was fuuunny.)
Anyway, this time I get to list my 10 favorite things
. So here it goes:
- First Kisses. The excitement that builds up to them...the anticipation...the softness of that first touch on the lips.
- My Dad's Hugs. He always hugs me way too tight so that I can't breath. And I always fight his hugs, because, well, I want to be able to breath. But at the same time, his hugs make me feel so protected and so loved...so that when I finally do break free from his grasp, I just run into his arms and get hugged all over again.
- Laughing. It's a requirement in my daily routine. It's the best when you're laughing so hard, that you can't explain to other people why you're laughing. Some people are such party poopers...I don't know how they get by in life without a sense of humor.
- Purses. Duh.
- My Mom's Voice. She can calm the raging storm within me with just her voice. It puts me at peace. It makes everything ok. It makes me want her wisdom. It tells me that she loves me.
- Sharing a sunny day with a friend. Sunny days by themselves are also glorious, but when you can spend a day in the sun with a friend, the world almost seems perfect.
- Lip Gloss. I won't leave home without it.
- Spooning. Especially if the sheets are fresh from the dryer and my cat is curled up next to me, purring.
- Lightning. I always go outside to watch a good lightning storm. The smell of the rain and the eeriness of the storm make life seem so surreal. But the other day, I got to watch a lightning storm from above, while flying across the U.S. It made me remember why I believe in God...it was that spectacular.
- Justin Timberlake. He's sooooo dreamy.
OK, now I tag Shaun
, and Diaschisis
. Ready? Go!
by The Merry Widow at 11:35 PM |
Commented by Darbi:
- Hey you!! Wanna come to the Cafe tonight? You should, you should, you should....
Email me or comment on my blog though because my cell phone is currently dead.
- May 11, 2005 8:12 AM
Commented by Surfie:
- Well, I was about to start on my post (tag), but my cat just puked right beside me. Seriously. Jumped up on my desk and puked over the side onto the floor. Lovely.
I'll be doin' the post a little later on today...'cuz I am a little grossed out right now, and trying to come up with 10 favorite things is going to be a little difficult for a while.
- May 12, 2005 7:55 AM
Commented by The Merry Widow:
- EEEEEEEWWWWW!!! That trumps everything. You know, I can sleep through sirens, my alarm clock, loud banging, whatever. But if my cat starts to throw up, even if she's way at the opposite side of the house, I'll shoot out of bed in a heartbeat. I hate that sound.
- May 12, 2005 9:22 AM
Commented by mrtl:
- First, I love the new look. Kristine is a blog pimpin' queen!
Second, I really really want to do this, but I'm in a rather bitchy place right now and it makes my head hurt to force myself to think of happy things. This will be on the back burner for a little while.
- May 13, 2005 11:05 PM
Commented by The Merry Widow:
- No problem, mrtl! You don't have to do it at all. Good luck with your move.
- May 16, 2005 9:50 PM
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .
TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...